On the occasion of this year’s August Full Moon, the Acropolis Museum will offer to its visitors the opportunity to enjoy the Museum exhibits as follows:
Saturday 21 August 2021
On Saturday 21 August 2021, the Museum exhibition areas will remain open from 8am to 8pm with free entry to all visitors, on the occasion of the Museum’s participation in the "Greece 2021" initiative.
The Museum second floor restaurant will be open until 12 midnight and visitors will be able to enjoy the moon from the terrace for dinner/drinks (telephone reservations on +30 210 9000915).
Sunday 22 August 2021
On Sunday 22 August 2021, the Museum exhibition areas will remain open from 8am to 10pm. The second floor restaurant will be open during the same hours.
Visitors will have the opportunity to participate in the gallery talk "Afternoons in the Acropolis Museum", where they will be introduced to the fascinating stories hidden in the treasures of the Museum’s galleries:
- English: 6 p.m. (2 simultaneous talks)
- Greek: 8 p.m. (2 simultaneous talks)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Participation: For registration, please refer to the Information Desk at the Museum entrance 30 minutes before the start time of the gallery talk. Limited to 10 visitors per session. First-in first-served.
- Health protection measures: It is necessary to wear a mask (not provided by the Museum) and to use the whisper guide system headsets (provided by the Museum).
- Cost: The general admission fee to the Museum is required (10 euro).
Morning Saturday and Sunday gallery talks, "Marathon - Salamis. In traces of myth and history" and "Walking in the ancient neighbourhood of the Acropolis Museum" will be held as usual.