This Personal Data Policy sets out how the Acropolis Museum ("Museum") protects any information that you insert when you use the website https://www.theacropolismuseum.gr ("website").
The management and protection of your personal data is subject to the terms of the present section as well as to the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, law 4624/2019, law 3711/2008 (founding law of the Acropolis Museum), of the presidential decree 64/2013 (Organization of the Acropolis Museum) and the decisions of the Board of the Acropolis Museum.
In any case the "website" will retain the right to modify this policy periodically after keeping you informed and within the existing or any possible legal framework, with respect to your privacy. You are advised to frequently check the present policy.
The "Museum" is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Personal Data Policy. The "Museum" will retain the right to modify this page at any given time. You should check this page frequently to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.
The personal data that you enter when you make the payment with your credit card is not registered and saved within the environment of the "website", but within the safe environment of Piraeus Bank.
Some information is automatically collected by the Acropolis Museum when you visit its "website". The “Museum” uses this information only on the basis of the personal data protection policy and only to the extent that it is necessary to serve its public purposes. Additionally, it is possible to ask from you the following information:
Address - contact information including your email
The data processing serves the following public purposes of the “Museum”:
1. the communication between visitors and the “Museum”
2. drawing the “Museum’s” statistical conclusions
3. the improvement of the “Museum’s” cultural services to its Greek and international visitors
4. the implementation of cultural and educational programs
5. the provision of new products and services from the “Museum”
6. informing visitors about the “Museum’s” activities, programs and events
7. the shipping of products from the “Museum’s” Shops according to the visitors’ orders
8. the pricing of the “Museum’s” services or products with the issuance of the required documents and our response to the relevant obligations of tax legislation (bookkeeping, etc.)
9. contacting you for market research purposes
Any information collected or provided by you, is used only for the above purposes.
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the "website", you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and its content. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites, nor are these websites governed by this privacy statement.
The use of your data is described in the privacy settings