Amphora mended of many fragments and restored. It was found in 1956 at a cemetery on the south slope of the Acropolis. It comes from Burial XLVI in which it was used as a burial-jar. Apart from human bones, it also contained three small vessels as burial offerings.
The amphora base is ring-shaped and the body ovoid. The thick rim over the wide neck is outturned and the handles are vertical. The pot’s surface is covered in currently worn black paint. The neck is adorned with a pair of water birds between which triangular motifs are drawn.
Χαριτωνίδης, Σ.Ι., «Ευρήματα Πρωτογεωμετρικής και Γεωμετρικής εποχής της ανασκαφής νοτίως της Ακροπόλεως», Αρχαιολογικόν Δελτίον 28, 1973, σελ. 37-38, πίν. 24β-γ, σχ. 9-10, αρ. κατ. ΓΜ 14